Sunday, March 11, 2018

Control is the Enemy of Joy



Day 11 of 365:  I've been pondering this idea that control is the enemy of joy.  Life has proved to me over and over again that I will never be fully in control.  The more effort I have put into trying to seize it, the more disappointed I have become, as my life continues to arrive on its own accord.  Change is self-evident and the more I can flex and flow, the happier I will remain.  During my travels I can choose to want my morning routines and afternoon adventures to look a certain way, but when it doesn't go according to plan, I can choose to either (1) be angry and upset, wishing the day were fully in my control; or (2) recalibrate and figure out what there is now for me to enjoy.  I think the more I can choose option #2, the better off I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment