Monday, October 2, 2017

What does healthy living look like to me?

To live a healthy life, I try to start my day with mental exercise (meditation) and then I follow that with some physical exercise and stretching.  Following that, I spend the day trying to feed my mind and body things that nourish me, like foods/drinks, movements, people, experiences, media, books, learning and etc.  I try to avoid routines/rituals/habits/practices that stem from a belief of fear and/or “not enoughness.”  I also spend the day putting into practice the spiritual wisdom I’m learning around the way I show up in life with love and compassion, for myself and others. I focus on what I have with gratitude and things I can change about what disturbs me (rather than dwelling in the victim mindset).  I don’t always get it all right...most certainly not. Life is a battleground/playground.  But I learn along the way and recommit in every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment